International Journal of Chemical Studies
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
P-ISSN: 2349-8528, E-ISSN: 2321-4902   |   Impact Factor: GIF: 0.565

International Journal of Chemical Studies

Vol. 6, Issue 2 (2018)
Principal component analysis in kabuli chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.)


Author(s): RN Arora, Krishan Kumar and Manav

Abstract: The present study was undertaken using fifty genotypes of kabuli chickpea planted in a randomized block design with three replications at the research farm of CCSHAU, Hisar during Rabi, 2014-15 to determine the contribution of eight morphological traits to the total variability in kabuli chickpea using Principal component analysis. Results revealed that the two principal components (PC1 and PC2) accounted for 72.65% of the total variation. PC1 contributed 48.97% of the total variation and correlated with number of pods per plant, number of seeds per pod, number of branches per plant and 100-seed weight while PC2 explained an additional 23.68% of the total variation and dominated by plant height and seed yield per plant. Since, a total of 72.65% of the total variation was contributed by PC1 and PC2, therefore, these two principal components can be allowed for simultaneous selection of yield contributing traits in kabuli chickpea.

Pages: 2767-2768  |  280 Views  17 Downloads

download (3197KB)
How to cite this article:
RN Arora, Krishan Kumar, Manav. Principal component analysis in kabuli chickpea (Cicer arietinum L.). Int J Chem Stud 2018;6(2):2767-2768.
International Journal of Chemical Studies