International Journal of Chemical Studies
  • Printed Journal
  • Indexed Journal
  • Refereed Journal
  • Peer Reviewed Journal
P-ISSN: 2349-8528, E-ISSN: 2321-4902   |   Impact Factor: GIF: 0.565

International Journal of Chemical Studies

Vol. 6, Issue 1 (2018)
Study of the frequency, extent, type and intensity of pesticides use in pigeon pea production


Author(s): Ambana Gouda Durgad, SS Guledagudda, VR Kiresur and Kariyanna B

Abstract: About 70 per cent of pesticides are being used in developing countries like India and remaining 30 per cent in developed countries. The table delineates that IPM farmers used the contact insecticides with an average frequency of 1.50 times at the rate of 0.72 liter, which accounted for a cost share of Rs. 862, and systemic insecticide spraying average frequency of 1.83 times with a quantity of 1.05 liters includes a cost of Rs. 1232. Whereas, in case non-IPM farmers, sprayed 2.54 times at the rate of 1.17 liter per hectare with a cost of Rs. 1397 and systemic pesticide spraying frequency of 1.70 times and a quantity of 0.92 liters which includes a cost of Rs. 1100. Out of 60 IPM farmers, thirteen farmers used less than 2.5 liter, forty five farmers used pesticides in ranges between 2.5 to 5 liters and only two farmers were sprayed at 5.1 to 7.5 liters and they obtained average yield of 9.42 quintals, 10.17 quintals and 9.50 quintals per hectare, respectively.

Pages: 1377-1379  |  310 Views  2 Downloads

download (1590KB)
How to cite this article:
Ambana Gouda Durgad, SS Guledagudda, VR Kiresur, Kariyanna B. Study of the frequency, extent, type and intensity of pesticides use in pigeon pea production. Int J Chem Stud 2018;6(1):1377-1379.
International Journal of Chemical Studies